Our L200 and L200 Re-Certification online coursework is LIVE!
See below for course options, enrollment and on-snow clinic locations.
L200 CERTIFICATION IS VALID FOR THREE YEARS
For L100 Certification – Click Here
***Coaches MUST have held L100 Coach Certification for at least one year prior to L200 enrollment.***
ON-SNOW CLINIC LOCATIONS + TIMES
(Req. for L200 completion)
Dec 19-20, 2023 – Copper Mountain, Colorado
Dec 19-21, 2023 – Stevens’ Pass, Washington
Jan 13-14, 2024 – Alyeska, Alaska
More 2023-24 Season Locations TBA!
To purchase an IFSA Coach’s membership, the L200 Coach’s Training course MUST have been completed within the last three years. Once you complete the L200 training, a password will be provided to permit you to purchase an IFSA coach’s membership.
L200 Certified coaches are leaders within the IFSA community who have demonstrated their commitment and skill to safe and effective Freeride coaching. While L100 demonstrates entry-level written skills, the L200 course verifies the coach’s ability to address scenarios in a live environment and certifies the physical skills required of a competent Freeride coach.
The L200 course material is intended to raise the standard for Big Mountain Freeride coaches. This has shown to have a positive impact on the coaching offered in programs and, by reducing risk, may positively influence insurance liability concerns. Palisades Tahoe, Smugglers’ Notch, and Jay Peak have all added IFSA L100 and L200 certifications to their coaching staff’s pay scales. We are working with clubs and teams to add IFSA coach certifications to their pay scales, just like PSIA and USSA, etc.
Please reach out to Josh Mattson on our Board of Directors for more details. Increasing the number of L100 and L200 certified coaches lends credibility to our sport and helps us continue to secure insurance coverage.
Accessing L200 Online Coach Material
This must be completed PRIOR to your on-snow clinic!
SELECT THE CORRECT OPTION
- If this is your first time going through our L200 coach certification course, please use this link to access the full course: https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/8CHA6F
- Alternatively, you may sign up at https://canvas.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: 8CHA6F
- If you have held an L200 certification in the past and need to renew, please use this link to access the re-certification course: https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/BXWMH4
- Alternatively, you may sign up at https://canvas.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: BXWMH4
- Click the link to access the appropriate course for you
- Enter your email address and click -I am a new user- to enroll in the course
- Once enrolled, you must complete the modules in sequential order
- Complete the discussions, pass the quizzes, and submit the require assignments
- Please allow up to 72 hours after submission for our volunteers to grade your assignments
- After submissions are graded, you will be able to access the final module containing the password needed to purchase your IFSA Coach Membership
1. To access venues, you MUST have current L100 or L200 training
2. To access venues, you MUST have an IFSA Coach Membership.
3. Please take care of this business prior to the competition season by Dec 31st
Coach Membership pricing will INCREASE on Jan 1!
4. Is your team registered with us? CLICK HERE
5. Review and understand the IFSA Junior Series Athlete Handbook – CLICK HERE
6. Review and understand the 2023 Junior Series rule changes – CLICK HERE
7. Check out our Freeride Jobs board – CLICK HERE
8. Review the venue inspection policy and terrain enhancement rules with your team (Sections 2.4 and 2.5 in the Jr Series Handbook)
9. Please make sure you and your team’s families have designated IFSA for free donations on AmazonSmile – CLICK HERE
10. Have an absolutely LEGENDARY Freeride season!