Start the process to becoming a Certified or Re-Certified L100 Coach
1)Familiarize yourself with IFSA Rules: Review the IFSA Handbook to understand rules and guidelines.
2) Purchase IFSA Membership: Use Live Heats with the certification password provided after course completion.
3) Complete mandatory CPR class.
4) Complete Online Coaches Certification:
Must begin with L100 (2 years validity) and then able to progress to L200 (3 years validity) Click the link to access the appropriate course for you.
USASA Collaboration Course: If you have an active USASA license, please use this link to access the USASA
collaboration course: https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/E9FLAD. Alternatively, you may sign up at https://canvas.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: E9FLAD
5) Enter your email address and click -I am a new user- to enroll in the course
6) Once enrolled, you must complete the modules in sequential order
7) Complete the discussions, pass the quizzes, and submit the require assignments
8) Kindly wait for a maximum of 72 hours following the submission of your assignments for our team to assess them. After submissions are graded, a certificate of completion will be emailed to you, and a certified coach division will be added to your LiveHeats account profile so you will then be eligible to register for any of the events you are attending.
9) Event Registration: Register for all planned IFSA events promptly.
10) Your Regional Series Director is a great point of contact for all questions.
Access to venues requires current L100 or L200 training. Ensure that all IFSA Independent Athletes have a certified L100 parent or guardian coach.
Ticketing benefits and venue access is contingent on having an IFSA Coach Membership. LiveHeats did not migrate any existing coach accounts from the 2022-2023 season, as results are not tied to these. Please create a new account or if you have a child in LiveHeats you can add your membership to the same login. Get your memberships before the competition season, preferably by Dec 31. Coach Membership pricing is set to increase on January 1.
As a coach you’ll need both IFSA and regional memberships.
Need verification for an employer? First, make sure you have completed your certification course and purchased a membership. We are in a holding pattern for issuing digital certification documents though you are welcome to have your employer contact Carol@ifsafreeride.org
Familiarize yourself with the IFSA Junior Series Athlete Handbook.
Stay informed about the 2024 Junior Series rule changes.
To view our L200 Certification Course – Click Here.
Coaches may only advance to L200 Certification if they have held L100 Cert for at least 1 season.